Burnaby Disc Golf Club
NOTE: All registrations must be paid through the website. If you have problems with the online payment, or otherwise need to make alternate arrangements, email the coordinator.
So what is the Burnaby Disc Golf Club? That's a really good question, and well you're part of the answer. At the moment what we're doing is starting up the Club, collecting a little bit of money, and hopefully a bunch of names. This will give us a pool of interested people who either live in Burnaby or play out of Robert Burnaby DGC or are otherwise interested in supporting the club/course.
Umm, why? The theory is that if we get organized, and have a list of names and players and a little money that we can do things like:
- Approach the city for course maintenance, improvement and expansion: in progress, notice the tee pad improvements
- Approach the city for new course development
- Influence course and park maintenance and changes: replacement of basket 7, and additional baskets
- Host events: Burnaby Open, Ace Race, Duck Golf
- Potentially participate in the "Jim Brown Cup" (Ryder Cup style team play)
- Increase awareness of and participation in Disc Golf
- Run clinics
- Coordinate outreach efforts
- Anything else that seems like a good idea
Sounds good, but how about something tangible? Included in your club membership ($10), is your BCDSS membership, which allows you to participate in Duck Golf events, covers your butt with some insurance. The remaining $5 goes to the club coffers for whatever collectively we decide to do with it.
Registration: Burnaby Disc Golf Club
- Step 1: Completely fill out the form below, and click on "Proceed to Waiver"
- Step 2: Read and accept the waiver, and click "Accept" (rejection of the waiver prevents registration), you will receive an e-mail containing the information you entered
- Step 3: Follow the instructions to complete Credit Card or PayPal payment through PayPal and click on the button "Step 4: Click to Complete Registration" (failing to complete this step will result in an incomplete registration.
- Step 4: Verify that the e-mail sent to you after completed payment contains the correct information.